Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Out with my babies...

.

Today we went shopping along Brunswick Street. This is a very bohemian shopping strip in Fitzroy (Melbourne). Sofie bought a pair of white ankle boots and I managed to find a bargain or two at Clear It - the Alannah Hill clearance shop. I found a tweed at $2.50 a metre and a satin at $6.00 a metre. I thought the tweed was silk, but on testing back at home (burn and smell testing) I think it is cotton acrylic.

It burnt readily and was not self extinguishing and some fibres could be crushed and some not. Anyway, at $2.50 it is still a bargain - I bought 5 metres. The other one is silk. The burn test confirmed this. I bought 3 metres. It would make a great top, skirt, dress or lining. Very, very soft and silky.

After Brunswick St, we went to Bridge Road, Richmond. Another strip shopping road that has a lot of outlet stores. Sofie bought a tunic top/dress and I managed to buy some gorgeous shoes.........

Poor Ellen did not score in the purchases department but had a good time anyway!

3 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Great fabric! I love that silk, so pretty. What a beautiful full-skirted dress you could make with 3 metres! :)

Shannon said...

Amazing shoes!!

Summerset said...

Lovely fabrics and finds - what a great shopping trip!