Thursday, April 19, 2007

Update

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

I haven't done any sewing (apart from taking up Sofie's new jeans), but boy have I been following everyone Else's progress! Some amazing work/ art is being undertaken from all over the world.....and I can sit at home and be part of the fun! So thank you to all you bloggers and posters on boards for inspiration.

In fact I am a bit overwhelmed! So much inspiration - shirt dresses, Chanel jackets, working wardrobes, summer frocks. I want to do it all. Well, I can cross off the summer frocks!

In my last post I talked about setting some goals. I optimistically thought I should be able to do one garment a week, so over the next 3 months I could make 5 jackets (I just love these and I need more practice), 5 skirts/dresses (no pants as I haven't quite mastered these) and 3 tops.

Now, this might sound like too big an ask, but I only work 3 days a week (so 4 days free a week) and my only other hobby is body building (oh dear I have goals for that too!). Oh and watching TV..lol.

I think I need to sit down and work out a plan. One that will increase my working wardrobe options (as per Carolyn ) and matches my new red shoes (see back a couple of posts). And tomorrow I will finish my Marfy miniskirt that has been sitting half done for too long.......ps, it matches the red shoes!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it was quite nice reading your post...thanks for sharing all these with us...and well i'd also like you to visit my blog on Birthday Cards sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Summerset said...

Awesome! You lift, too?!? I'm into fitness/bodybuilding, too. Right now I can't get too big, I have a show next week in which I'm wearing American Beauty, and that dress looks very weird with big cut arms! Come May, I'm back to heavy lifting.