Monday, July 9, 2007

Update

Hi everyone, I have been extremely busy...but not with sewing alas. As you may remember we were getting new carpet. So that meant all cupboards etc had to be emptied, which started me on a very early spring clean that lasted for a few weeks. But now, it is all done and I am so amazed at how good the house looks all clean, neat and just more open. We have given away to charity a lot of items we not longer use but had horded in cupboards. A lot of rubbish was thrown out too!!

So here are a couple of pictures of my sewing room after a new paint and the stain free (and pin and thread free) carpet.

I inherited the bookshelves from the girls old playroom - useful for all my mags and sewing books. I also inherited a larger TV and a DVD player - yay! Now I just want to sew but I am a tourist in my own city this week as we have Marine our French exchange student staying with us and it is school holidays. Here is a picture of Sofie, Marine and Ellen in Melbourne yesterday.See the tall building just to the left of Sofie - that is the Rialto and it has an observation deck. We went up there too and got some great photos. Will post some of them tomorrow... Today we are off to Eastland to buy Marine some school shoes.

5 comments:

Tany said...

I like your sewing space! It has lots f light, it's well organized and very neat!

Vicki W said...

Lovely sewing space and what a nice view!

Summerset said...

Nice space - love the shelving!

Interesting to see everyone all bundled up - of course it's the middle of winter for you!

Sew-4-Fun said...

Your sewing space looks great. New carpet always feels so nice.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your new sewing space looks very inviting. I like how the sewing machine is adjacent to the sliding glass doors. I like a window view myself. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The next time I see something made by you, I will know just where you were sitting when you created it!