Monday, November 19, 2007

McCall's 5007 finished.




Yesterday I finished up the matching jacket to the skirt - McCalls 5007.



You may recall that I was not happy with the inside of the jacket as I had to adjust the hem to make it even on the outside. This left the inside uneven. At this stage I have decided to just live with it and work a bit more on fitting for future projects.

The jacket was made up entirely in size 6. I checked the measurements and there was enough ease to fit my size 12 hips! I should have done an adjustment to lower the bust point, but completely forgot! Oops. As it is a loose style it is not too evident.

Fabric is poly crinkle fabric purchased from Brunswick Fabrics October 2007. The jacket is underlined with poly cotton batiste. Buttons from Lincraft. The jacket is not lined.

I used silk organza as interfacing for the centre fronts and the collar. As all the materials in the jacket are washable I will be able to use the hand wash cycle on my washing machine to launder it.

This is how I wore it to work today:and this is what it looks like with the jacket undone
My resident photographers had left for school by the time I was ready so I had to use the self timer!
And of course a picture of my shoes:


More pictures etc can be seen at Pattern Review and my Flickr album - both have links on the side bar.

Now what to do next?????

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Your outfit is so pulled together and chic and of course, the shoes totally rock!!

Summerset said...

Very lovely outfit - great shoes, too!

Anonymous said...

so cute, I love the jacket, it came out great, and cute shoes too

Anonymous said...

that means I'm going to have to get my act together :-)

Looks great!

Kitty Couture said...

That's a lovely outfit Vicki! Cute shoes, too!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I know I'm suppose to be commenting on your outfit but dayum you have the best shoes! *LOL*

Tany said...

Again, you rock! Just fabulous! I really like the style of your jacket and you did an outstanding job on it! Well done!

LauraLo said...

Vicki, I love this jacket on you. The closer fit was a great idea

Nancy Winningham said...

This outfit turned out very nicely and I love those shoes!!

Anonymous said...

The suit is to die for Vicki and the shoes are a blast!!