Thursday, June 26, 2008

Burda 08-2005-102 (again)

I know I said I would post photos of the May mini wardrobe but the gods have not been kind - the weather too wet, some items in the wash and even the camera decided to go to school!

But before it went to school again today, I managed to get a couple of very quick photos to show my second JCC skirt. (The first still needs the lining, hem and waistband to be done - I felt like a break).


This is what I look like after a late night handsewing hems, waistbands, unpicking and sewing again...lol


I used Burda 8-2005-102. I have made this twice before but this time I decided to just have the flounce at the back and I redrafted the front to go all the way to the knees. I cut the flounce on the straight grain as I was short of fabric. Yes, another remnant piece that I bought from Artextile. It is the most soft beautiful wool lycra. It didn't like the steam much and I had to be careful when pressing. Also I could not get the darts to blend in at the tip. But it was so nice to wear today. I felt rather special.

I have to show you my lining too. This I bought from Lincraft off their "designer ends" table. It didn't say what the fibre content was but I suspect it is acetate. I bought quite a few metres of this one.


I really like this pattern. I can see even more in my future. I really like what Paco has done with this pattern here. So many options to add trim, lace, piping etc.

On another topic, today I received this email from JacquiE - an Aussie ladies fashion retailer. I think their website is really cute. Go here and then click on one of the outfits. If nothing else you can have a laugh at the accent.,lol. And yes I do have a few JacquiE tops in my wardrobe!

11 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

It's good to see you post again, Vicki! :)
Your skirt is beautiful, very classy and very you.

Birgitte said...

You look so beautiful in this whole outfit, Vicky. Almost ethereal with that background...

Shannon said...

That skirt is so swishy and feminine. Just wonderful!

Meg said...

Love the skirt details. Like Isabelle said, very classy!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Vicki.-
beautiful skirt. You look divine. I like the detail of using part of the steering wheel only to the rear. Yes, this skirt is very versatile. will send you some pictures of the same model made in knit fabric. Best wishes, Paco.

Thank you for mentioning my

Cennetta said...

I like all three versions.

Summerset said...

Lovely job - such a nice back detail. The colors are great for you, too.

Gwen said...

Wow - what a cool re-design to put the flounce in the back! It looks great! :)

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love every version of this skirt that you've made! Can't wait to see the rest of the JCC pieces!

Tany said...

Just beautifuil! And your lining looks similar to the lining I'll be using for my TGCSA coat!

Ann Made Studio said...

Very beautiful skirt! I love the flounce detail :)